Thursday, October 10, 2013

The morning after.......

I certainly didn't expect that I would be blogging at 8:30 AM my first morning in Bangkok, but anyone who knows the influence food has on me will certainly understand.....

I'm still disoriented and confused.  I've done a lot of "sawadee kah"  with the proper bow, and "kawp koon kah", but whenever anyone asks a yes or no question, my first response is "Si"!  I hope to eventually get my languages sorted out  :)

First, my hotel:

The ever-present shrine.


Even dragon-turtles need water!



And some views from the 9th floor...
Although it is humid, I think the sky is more a reflection of the air quality.  Jim, you were right.






    
                                            
                                 I believe this means that the breakfast buffet is 30 baht ($1.00)



Fried dough shaped like a butterfly



Fresh watermelon, cantalope, and pineapple





Omelets




sweet chili spiced collard greens


















    Spicy ginger chicken.
(lots and lots of ginger.... yum!)




Delicious soup....
to which I added some spicy sauce and almost caught my mouth on fire!


hot soy milk????



So, you might wonder why I've spent my morning blogging.  Even at 9:30 AM there were not too many people out and about.  I'm going to have to consult my Lonely Planet as I'm still not sue which direction to go.  However, I will be out and about today, enjoying this 80 degree weather, and looking for my next adventure.

Love to all, and let me know if you're interested in visiting!

5 comments:

  1. Elsa -

    Glad you made it and are getting out and about. Fun to read the blog! Missing you, but I know you are loving life doing new things.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. the buffet looked cool.. the spicy ginger chicken looks great... but most of all i love the lil dragon turtle dude.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw the fried insects at the weekend market tonight.... photos to follow!

      Delete
  3. Please take more photo's of the architecture! I love living vicariously via Elsa Francescone!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No more blogs??????

    ReplyDelete